The Microgeneration Certification Scheme has introduced a new standard for Air and Ground Source Heat Pumps. The new standard MIS 3005 requires a new sizing calculation, revised system performance calculation together with a rating of the heat emitters.
Heat pump system design- Sizing for MIS 3005
The MCS calculation module complies with the BS EN12831 and the CIBSE Domestic Heating Design guide for sizing calculations for Air Source Heat Pump. Please see the screenshots on the right hand side for details of how the software calculates a room by room heating requirement for a dwelling. The software includes the following features.
- Online database of heat pumps
- Postcode look up for external temperatures and degree days
- Internal room temperature by room type
- Room by Room Heat loss and Stars Rating
- Choice of room radiator or underfloor and flow temp
- Default uvalues for floors, roofs and walls. Choice of uvalues from SAP or BS EN 12831
- Automatically calculate areas for openings and deduct from external wall areas.
- Party Wall and internal walls for heat losses between rooms
- Hot water usage and cylinder loss
- Automatic generation of MCS compliance certificate
- RHI payback calculation
- Example ASHP MCS Report inc RHI
- Example Commissioning certificate
Ground Source Heat Exchager Sizing for MIS 3005
- Borehole, Horizontal and Slinky ground loops
- Lookup for ground type and thermal conductivity
- Pipe sizing including, loopup for common pipe types and diameter
Air Source Noise Estimate for MCS 020
- MCS 020 compatible noise calculation for permitted development
- Calculation included in system performance report
- Upload image for photographic record heat pump position
The updated SAP software incorporating the MIS 3005 module is available with our quality management system for £200pa.