13th January 2015. Quidos / Argyle Software have acquired the SAP software business from Complete Picture. the
Quidos / Argyle Software are now responsible for the support and maintenance of the Sap Calculator you can contact them via this link
Sap Calculator 3.5 is a comprehensive program for assessing heat loss in domestic buildings. The program is be used at the design stage to demonstrate compliance with the energy conservation requirements of Building Regulations Approved Document L1A 2010 and Technical Standards Section 6. The software is approved by the BRE for England, Wales and Scotland for the production of energy performance certificates. The Software was certified for use with the Scottish Domestic Register for use with BRE Scotland for the lodgement of EPC's on 30/10/13.
Version 3.5 includes a U-value calculator for calculations compliant with BRE 443, BS EN 6946, and ISO 13370. See menu on left for further details.
Sap Calculator and Sedbuk database features
- BRE approved SAP calculations. See BRE projects page for more information
- Whole house calculation for large extensions
- Step by step compliance checking for ease of use. Produce results without training
- Integrated SEDBUK boiler database automatic updates via the web
- Sap, DER and Target emissions calculations
- Includes Approved Document L1A and SAP 2010 Specification help
- Duplicate projects for quick and easy calculations for similar projects this is a great timesaver
- Contact database to hold building control addresses
- Import and export your files
- Apple OSX and Windows XP, Vista and Seven.
- Generation of Energy Performance Certificates (Scotland)
- Simplified method (Scotland)
The SAP Calculator comes in three versions.
- Free version to check compliance with part L1 includes the Building Regulations database.
- SAP Designer version as above but including production of sap reports for submission to building control. Just £130 per year.
- SAP Energy Performance Certificates. Sap Calculator has been approved by the BRE on behalf of DEFRA for SAP calculations in compliance with the SAP 2009 specification. England and Wales version 3.5 certified with BRE On Construction accreditation scheme. For Scotland Sap calculator version 4.1 is certified with the BRE Scotland accreditation scheme which is approved by the Building Standards Division of the Scottish Government, to operate Energy Performance Certification (EPC) Schemes for New Domestic Buildings in Scotland.